In this post we continue from Part 1 of How To Use Influencer Marketing, which you can read here.
So, who is an Influencer?
Influencers can come in different forms. They can be journalists, Professors, Industry analyst, Celebrities (Artist/Artiste), Professional advisors, Motivational beings or Brand advocates. Often, they are people who have a great grasp of their various industries. People know, like and trust whatever they say or share with them. They have risen far and above everyone else in their industry and hence, people love, appreciate, and buy their ideologies, products and services.
Influencers such as Emeka Nobis, Tony Robbins, Ramit Sethi, Ryan Biddulph, and Lesly Federici are folks who have enormous audiences. Building connections with them and getting them to share your message can make you stand out from the crowded Facebook Ads, Google Adwords and other advertising platforms, and help you get massive value and grow your brand.
Why you should turn to Influencer Marketing
Based on my findings, I discovered that there are about 685,000 searches and results on “Influencer Marketing” on Google and this happens in the space of 0.48 seconds. I don’t know the science behind this result but I do know that a lot of people are searching for that term. And you know what, that tells me simply that influencer marketing is important and that it is okay to deploy it into my marketing strategies.
Below are some of the reasons you and your business should turn to Influencer Marketing
- It’s more Authentic: When you are just starting out as an entrepreneur, people don’t know you and it is usually very difficult to get them to opt-in on your offers. This is where leveraging on the influence of authority people in your niche comes in. If you dream of publishing a book and making it a bestseller, you will want to hire a Michael Hyatt or a Ramit Sethi to write a review about the said book to publish on their blogs. That way, it would get maximum attention and sales.
- It’s cost effective: Well, it depends. But if you know how to really connect and build solid and likable relationships with authorities in your niche, you can be sure to get them to talk about you and your business for a small amount of dollars. And if they like you well enough, some might even decide to promote you FREE of charge.
- It helps your brand image: You are your brand and when people constantly see and read about you from other people, especially top guys they love and respect, they automatically gravitate towards liking you and hence, do business with you. It is that simple.
How can I build relationships with Influencers?
Building relationships with influencers in your niche is relatively simple but requires a lot of work and time. If you have the time and you are willing to give it all takes to research and read blogs and comment on them, you will be on your way to growing your brand and getting repeat customers.
However, aside from blogs, there are other channels, social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn which are capable of helping you to connect and build relationships with highly influential people.
Platforms to connect and build good relationships with influencers are (but not limited to):
• Meetup, and their likes.
When I started out fully as an online entrepreneur, I immediately connected Harleena Singh, Sue Neal (She no longer blogs) and Adrienne Smith (She also shut down her blog some months ago) via their blogs. I had previous learned the importance of building relationships via the many eBooks I consumed about “How to Become a Successful Blogger” and so had visited and contacted these beautiful folks. Their support and advice have been what has kept me going all these years (4yrs).
Basically, I would search, visit, read and comment on the blogs of both influencers, the average and the newbie bloggers in my niche. I didn’t know how I was building the blocks that would erect and make my business hugely successful.
Consistently showing up and actively engaging with bloggers via blog commenting helped me to build my own know, like and trust factor and that made all the difference.
As I said earlier, it’s very easy to connect and build relationships, you just need to map out what you want to achieve with the relationships you are trying to build and let it motive, be right and accurate.
Where and How to Deploy “Influencer Marketing” into your business
There are various ways in which you can deploy influencer marketing as a strategy into your business.
Here are some of them:
• Inbound Link: When an influencer mentions you or your brand on their platform, it spurs their audience to run to your blog, consume what you share and buy your ideologies and offers.
• Content visibility: Your words and brand easily spreads like wildfire to places you’ve never been and calls and contracts begin to roll in.
• Audience Building: Growing your blog’s traffic and loyal audience becomes easy as you are exposed to an even larger audience.
• Content Collaboration: You get to create products for market consumption with authority figures and then share the profits together.
• Publishing Opportunities: You get the opportunity to guest post for highly influential people on the merit that they know, like and trust you to deliver a powerful learning experience for their audience.
Conclusion on “Influencer Marketing”
Now, what I have shared here with you is exactly how I leverage and use influential marketing to build my own successful online business. Every day, I get out there with the intention of meeting new people, starting a conversation with them, getting them comfortable and familiar with me, making them like me and finally keep them assured that they can trust me to tackle their projects or something like it. Doing this religiously has afforded me the opportunity to build my own influential status.
So if you are serious about this subject, I would implore you to do exactly what I have shared here and I can bet that you will come back and leave me a “Thank You” message.
If there’s anything you feel I missed out, please do share your thoughts using the comment box and I will be back to respond to them. Yes, you are free to ask questions and share this post with your friends. Thank you!
About Author: Sam Adeyinka is a freelance writer, digital marketing strategist and social media enthusiast who loves to help young adults with strategies of starting, launching and growing their own online business. He writes a business blog at Income Splash.