A great free gift is a sure way to get more opt-ins. When you first set your blog up in your chosen niche you should know that it is important to start to build a list of subscribers straight away. This list will be made up of people who are interested in what you have to say about your chosen subject, and they may also be interested in any products that you recommend. Having a list is really important, and the bigger the better. So what free gift should you offer to encourage more opt-ins? What can you give away as an enticement for people to want to give you their contact details so you can build your list?
This question should not be taken lightly because these are your people, your subscribers, your customers. You want to give them valuable information that will help them, and you want to give them what they want.
If you’re already getting some traffic to your site, either through organic searches for your longtail keywords or article marketing, then one way to find out is to look at the subject matter that sent them to you in the first place. If some have already opted in then email them and ask them what they would like to read. You can always send your gift to your existing subscribers as well as offering it as an opt-in freebie.
Here are some suggestions for possible opt-in gifts:
- A report that gives the solution to a problem. Not just any problem; but a very annoying, frustrating problem where their life will be changed if they can apply the solution. To find these topics visit forums in your niche and see what people are compaining about and what solutions are being offered.
- An ebook that explains step-by-step how to do something. What do readers in your niche most want to know how to do? That is what will make for a good How To ebook.
- A free tool that helps them do something easier, better, or faster. Who isn’t interested in making their lives easier? The more frustrating the problem is, the more likely they’ll want the tool.
- Something that they can turn around and give away to build their lists. This also falls under the “make my life easier” heading – if they can get their hands on a report they can give away too, then they’ll see that as a desirable report to grab.
- An audio recording of an interview with an expert in your field who is sharing new information. Experts know a lot, but what’s going to draw the most opt-ins is the expert’s new info and/or top secrets.
Keep in mind it’s possible to have more than one freebie, and even desirable in many cases. Try one with a traditional opt-in box above the fold on your site, then perhaps another box for something else on a different page of your site where the opt-in complements the post there. Try a third in the sidebar linked to a banner ad. Check your results to see which performs the best.
A great place to get good PLR you can work on to create your free opt-in gift is All Star PLR. Peggy Baron, the site owner, writes all her own content all articles are unique, good quality content and very well written. It’s a great place to start if you are unsure how to create a giveaway product, or if you just haven’t time to do it all from scratch. Peggy writes on a wide variety of topics so there should be something in your niche, and if you can’t find it email her and she will create it for you!
Building your list is an ongoing process and one vital to your success online. Ask your readers what they most want based on the suggestions above and give it to them. Giving away a good gift will not only increase your opt-ins, but eventually your income.